SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LMS 5MT 4-6-0 45110
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe2027

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny252 wrote:
J-Green wrote:
It may be a little pedantic to send 'stop and examine' for an unlit tail lamp on a gorgeous sunny day on the SVR

Though it can be less than easy (albeit doable) to determine whether it's lit or not when passing at speed on a sunny day!

You can use a green filter, so that the red tail light looks yellow. So you can see it more readily.
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe2027 wrote:
Danny252 wrote:
J-Green wrote:
It may be a little pedantic to send 'stop and examine' for an unlit tail lamp on a gorgeous sunny day on the SVR

Though it can be less than easy (albeit doable) to determine whether it's lit or not when passing at speed on a sunny day!

You can use a green filter, so that the red tail light looks yellow. So you can see it more readily.
But that would be a waste of the special red oil guards are issued with Razz
tigger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
Danny: Sorry, I missed the sublime bit, I thought you were being serious...!! Wink

Which I suppose brings us back to the recent conundrum, "is there sufficient support amongst all the various parties for a "friends" group for 45110".....?

Statement made by the GM at the Q&A yesterday: "The Company would look favourably on a 45110 Friends' Group." [in the context of, look what it's done for Hagley Hall...]
hearn_p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A [Facebook] group has been set up to the Unofficial Friends of LMS Staner5 No 45110, any one who has photos of 45110 feel free to join and post them

Created by Paul Wilkes

Patrick
sharpo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
Quote:
A [Facebook] group has been set up to the Unofficial Friends of LMS Staner5 No 45110, any one who has photos of 45110 feel free to join and post them

Created by Paul Wilkes

Patrick

Hope there is an "i" in Stanier! As I don't look at farcebook, I won't know!

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
hearn_p

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied and pasted it, and pointed out the misspell, earlier! It is corrected.

P
Andy2857

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following the GM's confirmation of the railway's pro support group stance last month, does anyone know of any steps being made to form an "official" friends group for the 5? The idea was all the rage a little while ago...
Derby4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is sufficient support on the SVR for an active "Friends of 45110" Group, maybe someone needs to sit down with Ross Cooper, Chairman of "Friends of 4930 Hagley Hall" and learn how their group is constituted. From their website membership appears to be simply by donation, one-off, irregular, or by standing order.
Presumably they have a committee, and some sort of recognised structure.
They have been going for a considerable time and raised a decent sum of money, so it looks as though they are a successful model to follow.

I guess initially it has to be a group of active SVR members who set up the group, and then those who are not active as such can join in with donations, raising funds, manning stands and the like.

I dont know how many members, active or otherwise actually participate in the forum, but if someone is willing to consider setting up a group structure there could at the very least be an "expression of interest" thread here. maybe also an item in the next "SVR News" again for people to register an interest. The Mag no doubt reaches a wider membership than does this forum.
It has to start somewhere, but being realistic if it turned out that in fact there wasn't very much support, then the idea should be dropped at least for the time being. Point is though, we dont know until we ask the question of our circa 13000 members.
Without being too negative I think I am right in saying that only a small proportion of our membership currently support 82045.
Rob
Buffer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it is good news about 45110's inclusion in the overhaul list, it does seem a strange decision from the commercial point of view given that there are equally useful locos, with active support groups, awaiting their turn to enter works.
bradleyman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffer wrote:
Although it is good news about 45110's inclusion in the overhaul list, it does seem a strange decision from the commercial point of view given that there are equally useful locos, with active support groups, awaiting their turn to enter works.

I have to agree with you and with negotiations still far from concluded with the SVR based loco owning groups re outstanding overhauls it would be unwise to regard this as a definite "decision".
Black 5 man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffer wrote:

Something to do with a certain anniversary in 2018 perhaps?
Buffer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black 5 man wrote:
Buffer wrote:

Is that the 180th anniversary of the opening of the GWR main line between Paddington and Maidenhead? Smile
bradleyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black 5 man wrote:
Buffer wrote:

Which, whilst interesting to us enthusiasts, is hardly an overwhelming business case! (unless of course it directly precipitates firm £six figure sponsorship)
Neil_Scott

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steam Railway reports that a backer has come forward to offer part-sponsorship of an overhaul with a view to a return to the mainline. Page 31 of current issue.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilscottuk/
oliver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope this is true, however I wonder if the SVR would want it go mainline?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: