SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GWR 4-6-0 7819 Hinton Manor: 2018 onwards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derby4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: GWR 4-6-0 7819 Hinton Manor: 2018 onwards Reply with quote

Web admin note: The poster has created a new topic on 7819 and so the existing discussion on ‘ GWR 4-6-0 7819 Hinton Manor ' has been renamed and locked to avoid confusion. [June 2018]. The previous storyline, now time span re-titled to, ‘2010 to 2017’ can be found on https://forum.svr-online.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1674

"Steam Railway" magazine reports that as a result of a movement of both 2818 and 7821 at Swindon, SVR Charitable Trust owned 7819 is to return to the SVR, following the moves due to take place on August 21st.

I have checked around before posting this, but not on social media, and I cannot see this reported elsewhere, including the Charitable Trust website, SVR(Live) etc

Rob

Edit: I did look for an earlier topic, and the one I found was already locked, so started a new topic for the loco.

The obvious question now is, "what are the plans for 7819?"

Rob
Robin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Platform' Issue 4, received in the last few days, says it will be on static display in the Engine House.

Edit: Available online here.
Peter Share

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: 7819 Reply with quote

When talking to members of the Charitable Trust executive, I was told that 7819 would be stored in the Engine House until Hagley Hall is a runner, whereupon serious fundraising would be sought towards the overhaul of Hinton Manor.
Courtesy of a member of the 82045 Fund, there is a photograph of 7819 being piloted by an 82xxx in the Welsh Borders - it would be nice to see that here in Shropshire in the not too distant future.
Peter Share

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: 7819 Reply with quote

When talking to members of the Charitable Trust executive, I was told that 7819 would be stored in the Engine House until Hagley Hall is a runner, whereupon serious fundraising would be sought towards the overhaul of Hinton Manor.
Courtesy of a member of the 82045 Fund, there is a photograph of 7819 being piloted by an 82xxx in the Welsh Borders - it would be nice to see that here in Shropshire in the not too distant future.
jackson_p

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reported in RailAdvent tonight that 7819 will be returning to the SVR tomorrow. It will then be on display at Kidderminster over the Bank Holiday weekend.
https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2018/08/steam-locomotive-7819-hinton-manor-returns-to-the-severn-valley-railway-this-week.html
Robin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures of the move in progress on the SVR Official Facebook page (no login required).
sharpo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin wrote:
Pictures of the move in progress on the SVR Official Facebook page (no login required).

I'll give that a miss, think it's on local BBC news later - at least the BBC don't keep asking me if I want to log in.

I did go to Kidder this afternoon, just in case it arrived - but there was no sign of it by 4 so went home.

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
jackson_p

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from the SVR website [as viewed 24 August 2018].
http://www.svr.co.uk/NewsItem.aspx?a=856

Hinton Manor comes home!

In a spectacular feat of logistics, including the removal of a glass wall of a shopping centre, 68-tonne locomotive No. 7819 Hinton Manor has returned home to the Severn Valley Railway.

The engine had been on loan for more than ten years and was on display to shoppers in the Swindon Designer Outlet Village which occupies the restored Great Western Railway works, the very location the engine was built for a cost of £4,914, nearly 80 years ago.

Originally rescued by the Hinton Manor Fund with help from the Severn Valley Railway from a scrapyard in Barry more than 45 years ago, Hinton Manor last steamed along in 1994 before its loan to McArthur Glen, the shopping centre operators, was agreed in 2007.

Now owned by the Severn Valley Railway’s Charitable Trust, the engine has been returned to Kidderminster Station where it will be on display, by popular demand, in the Station over the August Bank Holiday weekend. It will then take its place in the Engine House Visitor Centre at Highley, alongside other key historic locomotives, where it is set to become the Railway’s ‘wedding engine’.

A team of volunteers from Severn Valley Railway was on hand throughout the day at Swindon to lend their expertise to the complicated exercise.

This forum post is a snapshot extract from the main SVR web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change. Always refer back to and check the main web site to confirm details are still correct.
Old Bean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of her steaming again?
jackson_p

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Bean wrote:
Any chance of her steaming again?
The latest news on the SVR-CT site is dated 2008 at base of the page.
https://www.svrtrust.org.uk/index.php?page=7819%20Hinton%20Manor

A statement of intent from the CT would be useful. I guess there are other CT funding streams taking priority at the moment?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Motive Power - Steam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: