SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"News" via my blog, and "fuzzy photos"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharpo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: "News" via my blog, and "fuzzy photos" Reply with quote

I put "news" in inverted commas, as it just means what I see. The "fuzzy photos" are an alternative to saying what I've seen.

In the last few days I've found that it's quite easy to post a photo in my blog, obviously not facebook - so doesn't need a sign in. A quick shot with a mobile can be added to the blog in minutes, which is not a problem if I'm not filming and the train isn't moving. I tried that at the weekend at Kidderminster. A video is more of a problem, but I've found I can take a photo of the display on the camcorder LCD and upload that to the blog. That will explain the "fuzzy photos" mentioned above.

I did one of 50007, filmed at Stourbridge today, and uploaded a photo with the blog post within about 10 minutes of the loco passing. Same with the convoy arriving at Kidderminster. I could've posted "the fuzzies" from the footbridge, but wanted to get home for tea.

So, 10 minute walk to station, journey to Stourbridge, using the stops at Blakedown and Hagley to get a couple of shots off the camcorder LCD and then edit them. Finally, during the journey to Cradley I managed to Make the blog post.

Using journey time, it gives me more time at home for other things, it may not be ideal as the photos lack quality, but it's a source of information, very soon after it happens if today is anything to go by.

If you want the "news" of what I see, you can subscribe to the blog and get an email notification when I post - but I'm not touting for subscribers, just letting you know it's an option.

I see there are 3 more convoys over the next 3 days, I'll try and film them and post some more "fuzzy photos".

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: