SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tyseley and the SVR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derby4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Tyseley and the SVR Reply with quote

I cannot see that this has been mentioned elsewhere. In the latest issue of The Railway Magazine there is an extensive article about Tyseley's aspirations to become a new TOC in their own right.
If successful, Vintage Trains are hoping to have regular timetable slots from Birmingham to heritage attractions and destinations, including the "Shakespeare Express" and regular evening slots for steam-hauled dining trains to Kidderminster and then over SVR metals to Bridgnorth.
These new regular paths would be incorporated into the next timetable revision, apparently in 2021.
sharpo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a good idea, as long as both sides get a good deal. First I've heard of it.

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
Divington_R

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Tyseley and the SVR Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
I cannot see that this has been mentioned elsewhere. In the latest issue of The Railway Magazine there is an extensive article about Tyseley's aspirations to become a new TOC in their own right.
If successful, Vintage Trains are hoping to have regular timetable slots from Birmingham to heritage attractions and destinations, including the "Shakespeare Express" and regular evening slots for steam-hauled dining trains to Kidderminster and then over SVR metals to Bridgnorth.
These new regular paths would be incorporated into the next timetable revision, apparently in 2021.
Dear Derby4, I have been eagerly looking forward to riding on one of these steam trains. Do you have any more information on dates and times and how I can get a ticket?
Derby4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Reg

I think the aspiration for regular timetable slots onto the SVR was always long term, with a timetable re-write in 2021 being mentioned. However I suppose there is still the possibility of one-off visits to the SVR by tours using the Tyseley Panniers, as happened last year. We need to wait and see!

However, the good news so-far is that the new Vintage Trains TOC is about to come into being, with a hope of taking over the Stratford runs later in the year.

A worthwhile purchase at the present could be the latest issue of "Steam Railway" which has a lot of information about Tyseley,s hopes for this new venture.

Regards

Rob (Derby4)
bradleyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
Morning Reg

I think the aspiration for regular timetable slots onto the SVR was always long term, with a timetable re-write in 2021 being mentioned. However I suppose there is still the possibility of one-off visits to the SVR by tours using the Tyseley Panniers, as happened last year. We need to wait and see!

However, the good news so-far is that the new Vintage Trains TOC is about to come into being, with a hope of taking over the Stratford runs later in the year.

A worthwhile purchase at the present could be the latest issue of "Steam Railway" which has a lot of information about Tyseley,s hopes for this new venture.

Regards

Rob (Derby4)

Though such mags reported "facts" are sometimes a little premature or wide of the mark.
Derby4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the report that they have raised at least the minimum amount of money they require should be regarded as a fact.
To report that if it was not correct would have somewhat serious consequences.
sharpo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
I think the report that they have raised at least the minimum amount of money they require should be regarded as a fact.
To report that if it was not correct would have somewhat serious consequences.

http://www.vintagetrains.co.uk/offerinfo.aspx

The above link states they did raise over the minimum of 800,000.

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
Divington_R

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
Morning Reg

Regards

Rob (Derby4)
Dear Rob, apologies I did not realise the trips to the SVR are a few years away. I also looked at the Shakespeare Express offering on the Vintage web page and see there is nothing bookable at the present although it mentions they are looking at running later in the season. There was an update on 21 June talking about some form of licence being progressed. I guess it will take a few weeks to set up the first trip once all their paperwork is sorted out. Autumn maybe? I will keep my eye on the web page. Anyway thank you for the update.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reference to 2021 is that West Midlands Trains have a franchise commitment to run a Saturday timetable on local train routes on a Sunday by this date.

This means Vintage Trains need to have allocated slots in the timetable to run the Sundays only Shakespeare Express to/from Stratford when there will be far more Sunday trains running into Snow Hill station.

As a TOC Vintage Trains want to agree slots in the timetables with Network Rail for them to run regular services which includes and where the idea of trains to/from the SVR has come from as well as the established service to Stratford
jackson_p

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyseley and the SVR Reply with quote

Derby4 wrote:
Some news reported by the BBC today.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-45564589/steam-trains-to-return-to-the-west-midlands-mainline
jackson_p

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from the Vintage Trains web site[as viewed 11 November 2018].
http://www.vintagetrains.co.uk/thepolarexpress.aspx

Polar Express
Trains from Birmingham Moor Street.
Thursdays through Sundays, 29 November to 23 December 2018.

This forum post is a snapshot extract from an external web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change. Always refer back to and check the original site to confirm details are still correct.

By my calculations there are a total of 68 services being offered?
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like they are just going to Tyseley and back, how will they make Tyseley look like the North Pole? Then again it will be dark.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: