SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spring Diesel Festival: 17 to 19 May 2018
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Spring Diesel Festival: 17 to 19 May 2018 Reply with quote

I saw on twitter earlier that next year's Spring Diesel Festival is on from 17th-19th May 2017 (though this seems to have been deleted). I also noted in their comments on Day One it said date for your diary May 17-19 2017, I assume they meant 2018.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/svrofficial/photos/gm.1634749316554160/1369454056465626/?type=3&theater

(no log in required)
Divington_R

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2017 diesel gala was excellent. May I suggest it will be challenging for the organisers to make next year's gala even better!
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason this isn't on SVR main website just on Facebook, Warship’ D832 ‘Onslaught’ is visiting the Spring Diesel Gala.

We are delighted to announce a further visitor to the 2018 Spring Diesel Festival in the shape of ‘Warship’ D832 ‘Onslaught’ courtesy of the Bury Hydraulic Group at the East Lancashire Railway. This gives us the tantalising opportunity of seeing the only two surviving Warships operating together at the event as SVR based D821 ‘Greyhound’ should also hopefully be in action too. We can’t wait!

https://www.facebook.com/events/257196368142619/permalink/293606501168272/
Lench_S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWR5764PT wrote:
For some reason this isn't on SVR main website just on Facebook

I'd imagine the posts to Facebook making the announcements were 'scheduled' i.e. written beforehand then published at a set time whereas the website would probably require someone to update it at the time.
cherry_p

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lench_S wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:

I'd imagine the posts to Facebook making the announcements were 'scheduled' i.e. written beforehand then published at a set time whereas the website would probably require someone to update it at the time.
no - website items can be scheduled to start and end at specific times, e.g. I noticed last week that the 6233 announcement was scheduled to go live on Christmas Day!
Not sure why there isn't anything set up yet on the website for this bit of news -- posts for Facebook are normally done at the same time.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
Lench_S wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:

no - website items can be scheduled to start and end at specific times, e.g. I noticed last week that the 6233 announcement was scheduled to go live on Christmas Day!
Not sure why there isn't anything set up yet on the website for this bit of
news -- posts for Facebook are normally done at the same time.

Glad to hear the SVR website is capable of simple functions like scheduling!
hearn_p

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, both the website and Facebook can be scheduled

SVRLive however can't be.

The Red Kettle announcement was advised to me by Lewis in advance, I set it up on SVRLive and Bill kindly added the link on the news/front pages on Christmas morning, so members knew at the same time.

I don't think the Warship announcement was a scheduled posting on Facebook, which suggests it was added on the day. It was made by a different source and I was unaware of it, as Pete was.

Patrick
jackson_p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from the SVR web site
http://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=122

Spring Diesel Festival

A stunning mix of heritage and mainline diesels working at the biggest diesel event in the country! Our Spring Diesel Festival brings three days of visiting heritage and modern diesel locomotives, home-fleet action, evening running and one or two surprises...

Tickets available to pre-book shortly. 

Following the hugely successful events in 2016 and 2017, our diesel bonanza brings great opportunities for visiting locomotives and, with the lighter evenings, is a hit with those who love the sounds of English Electric, Maybach and Sulzer diesel engines!

Visiting locomotives:
Class 42 'Warship' No. D832 Onslaught
With thanks to the Bury Hydraulic Group

Class 55 'Deltic' No. 55019 Royal Highland Fusilier
With thanks to The Deltic Preservation Society

Alongside the fantastic selection of visiting locomotives and special attractions will be supported by members of our home fleet, including:
• Class 14 No. D9551,
• Class 33 No. 33108,
• Class 42 No. D821 Greyhound,
• Class 50s No. 50031 Hood, No. 50035 Ark Royal and No. 50049 Defiance,
• Class 52s No. D1015 Western Champion and No. D1062 Western Courier. 

Attractions include:
• Kidderminster Diesel Depot open for visits on Saturday & Sunday only.
• Services into the evenings.

All locomotives and attractions are subject to availability. More information to follow. 

This forum thread is a snapshot extract from the main SVR web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change.
Always refer back to and check main the web site to confirm details are still correct

Last edited by jackson_p on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a cracking event with I am sure more locos to be announced, I wonder what new engine we will get this year as previous years we had a 68 and 88.
jackson_p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ admin note. As requested by GWR5764PT this post has been copied from http://forum.svra.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4044

Reported on the Severn Valley Diesels Official Group [published 07 January 2018, ].
https://www.facebook.com/groups/895472313877202/

We are pleased to announce another visiting locomotive for the 2018 Diesel Festival: Class 37 no. 37688 owned by D05 Preservation Ltd. After receiving many requests for another Class 37 to visit we are sure this will be a popular choice. The locomotive should hopefully arrive here in the next few weeks.

It is assumed the SVR web site will confirm and update the detailed gala event offerings accordingly. Watch this space.
cherry_p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackson_p wrote:
Reported on the Severn Valley Diesels Official Group [published 07 January 2018, ].
https://www.facebook.com/groups/895472313877202/

We are pleased to announce another visiting locomotive for the 2018 Diesel Festival: Class 37 no. 37688 owned by D05 Preservation Ltd. After receiving many requests for another Class 37 to visit we are sure this will be a popular choice. The locomotive should hopefully arrive here in the next few weeks.

It is assumed the SVR web site will confirm and update the detailed gala event offerings accordingly. Watch this space.
I was going to add this to the website, but it's already been done!!
jackson_p

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackson_p wrote:
Extract from the SVR web site

Spring Diesel Festival

A stunning mix of heritage and mainline diesels working at the biggest diesel event in the country! Our Spring Diesel Festival brings three days of visiting heritage and modern diesel locomotives, home-fleet action, evening running and one or two surprises...

Tickets available to pre-book shortly. 

Following the hugely successful events in 2016 and 2017, our diesel bonanza brings great opportunities for visiting locomotives and, with the lighter evenings, is a hit with those who love the sounds of English Electric, Maybach and Sulzer diesel engines!

Visiting locomotives:
With thanks to the Bury Hydraulic Group

With thanks to The Deltic Preservation Society

Alongside the fantastic selection of visiting locomotives and special attractions will be supported by members of our home fleet, including:
• Class 14 No. D9551,
• Class 33 No. 33108,
• Class 42 No. D821 Greyhound,
• Class 50s No. 50031 Hood, No. 50035 Ark Royal and No. 50049 Defiance,
• Class 52s No. D1015 Western Champion and No. D1062 Western Courier. 

Attractions include:
• Kidderminster Diesel Depot open for visits on Saturday & Sunday only.
• Services into the evenings.

All locomotives and attractions are subject to availability. More information to follow. 

To confirm Pete’s post and from the SVR web site

Visiting locomotives list updated

Class 37 '37688'
With thanks to D05 Preservation Limited.

With thanks to the Bury Hydraulic Group.

With thanks to The Deltic Preservation Society.

This forum thread is a snapshot extract from the main SVR web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change.
Always refer back to and check main the web site to confirm details are still correct

Last edited by jackson_p on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ManorFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps an idea to advertise this on Bookface too?

I mean, if the Offical SVR FB group can manage to publish TWO Autum Steam Gala promotional posts, making a fuss about the big red steam loco visiting, surely they can manage to post something for the diesel gala (and it's current visitor list) which is four months BEFORE the Autum steam gala?!
Lench_S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManorFan wrote:
Perhaps an idea to advertise this on Bookface too?

I mean, if the Offical SVR FB group can manage to publish TWO Autum Steam Gala promotional posts, making a fuss about the big red steam loco visiting, surely they can manage to post something for the diesel gala (and it's current visitor list) which is four months BEFORE the Autum steam gala?!

Forgive me if I'm wrong but this news has been all over Facebook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: