SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVR-CT General
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hearn_p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The first edition of the Trust's magazine - 'Platform' is now available, weighing in at 20 information-packed pages.
You can collect a printed copy from many locations around the railway, but we have a downloadable, pdf - format 'flipbook' version available - just click here.

http://www.svrlive.com/Pages/SVRCT.aspx

Mmm. Another form of communication...

Patrick
Robin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
Quote:
The first edition of the Trust's magazine - 'Platform' is now available, weighing in at 20 information-packed pages.
You can collect a printed copy from many locations around the railway, but we have a downloadable, pdf - format 'flipbook' version available - just click here.

http://www.svrlive.com/Pages/SVRCT.aspx

Mmm. Another form of communication...

Patrick

I was fully expecting to have no joy reading it on an Android tablet, but it doesn't work for me using either Chrome or Internet Explorer on a Windows 8.1 PC either. I just get a blank page. Anybody else able to access it?
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked for me earlier on a Chromebook, although I had to download flash player first.
I'm just getting a blank page with a letter 'f' in the top left corner now.
"We recommend using Internet Explorer and have Adobe Flash Player installed to view the flipbook".
Is there a reason why it can't be made available as a good old fashioned .pdf , or even just a normal web page, that anyone can see?
cherry_p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's viewable from Firefox, Chrome, and presumably others if you right-click, and do a 'save link'; can then view the pdf in Adobe Viewer. But it ought to work by clicking on it normally, and it doesn't appear to!
sharpo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked OK with Internet Explorer, but I had to do what Pete said when using Firefox.

As Pete says, it ought to work by clicking on it normally - why make things so difficult?

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
johnw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
It's viewable from Firefox, Chrome, and presumably others if you right-click, and do a 'save link'; can then view the pdf in Adobe Viewer. But it ought to work by clicking on it normally, and it doesn't appear to!

Pete, I'm using Chrome v 41 and it works fine as a flip book by just clicking on it normally.
cherry_p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnw wrote:
cherry_p wrote:

Pete, I'm using Chrome v 41 and it works fine as a flip book by just clicking on it normally.
hmm--- my Chrome version is Version 41.0.2272.76 m, and it doesn't work for me. I normally use Firefox, and same there; just seems to work for me on IE.
cherry_p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway, I've sent an email to [hopefully] relevant people about this, so with a bit of luck it'll be fixed.
Danny252

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
"We recommend using Internet Explorer and have Adobe Flash Player installed to view the flipbook".

I thought that bad recommendations like that belonged to the 1990s! What do they suggest for platforms where Internet Explorer and Flash Player are not actually available (e.g. iPhones, assuming Apple still have their anti-Flash crusade going)?
Lench_S

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why oh why not just stick with what works and can be opened universally - the trusty PDF.
cherry_p

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lench_S wrote:
Why oh why not just stick with what works and can be opened universally - the trusty PDF.
I've been onto svrlive admin about this -- apparently Flipbook format doesn't work with Firefox. The pdf is going to be replaced by a normal pdf which CAN be opened direct in Firefox etc; admin are going to contact the person who has the pdf version, and use this instead; hopefully won't take too long!
cherry_p

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

website now says "*** We're sorry about the technical issues around the flipbook. We've contacted the supplier and will try and sort this out as soon as we can. ***"
cherry_p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The svrlive website now has the option of downloading a normal pdf as well as the flipbook version.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

February 2015 [sic]

The next AGM of the Board of Trustee's [sic] on the 14th March 2016 at 7:30pm at the Kidderminster Railway Museum (thanks to David for hospitality). We hope to see as many of you there as possible:

Notice of AGM 2016
Minutes from the 2015 AGM
Proxy Form
Model Articles
Membership Rules
The Agenda, 2015 Accounts and Chairman's Statement will be available next week.

http://svrtrust.org.uk/news/trust-news.html
hearn_p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBI-T-0002:

The Charity is seeking new individuals and organisations to become Trust Members.

You may be aware there has always been a Trust Membership body associated with the Rolling Stock Trust and the Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust is keen to continue this, whilst expanding the Trust Membership to reflect the additional remit the reformed charity took on board back in 2012.

The purpose of Trust Membership is to ensure that Trustees have a sounding board that represents all the different stakeholders’ operating within our Railway. To ensure that supporters and volunteers, apprentices, rolling stock owners, individuals who have responsibility and expertise on our infrastructure, on our permanent way and external bodies all assist in shaping the direction and focus of the Charitable Trust.

The aims of the Charitable Trust are to safeguard our heritage railway by helping fund the restoration of the Railway's rolling stock and infrastructure in addition to arresting the decline of heritage engineering skills, to ensure the continued preservation and operation of the Railway.

We would like to invite you to join our Membership and subsequently attend our Annual General Meeting on the 14th March. Trust Membership is open to everyone (subject to Board approval) and we will keep all Members abreast of the Charitable Trust's progress through our website, annual newsletter and social media updates

Trust Membership fees are £10.00 per annum. For further details please contact me directly on 01562 757941, shelagh.paterson@svrtrust.org.uk.Application forms can be downloaded from our website: http://svrtrust.org.uk/downloads.html. We look forward to welcoming you as Trust Members.

Kind regards

Shelagh Paterson
Director of Development, Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust

If you want to comment on this notice, email
adminstration@svrtrust.org.uk,
or call 01562 757940
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: