SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridgnorth Station redevelopment: 2012 onwards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the latest Winston Smith style article in SVR News, the turntable, which was Phase 2, then Phase 2a, is now Phase 3. The refurbishment of the station building, which was Phase 1, then Phase 3, is now Phase 4. And the accommodation block, which was Phase 3, then Phase 4, is no longer mentioned.
batchacremike

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Bridgnorth Station Redevelopment: 2012 Onwards Reply with quote

Graham wrote:
According to the latest Winston Smith style article in SVR News, the turntable, which was Phase 2, then Phase 2a, is now Phase 3. The refurbishment of the station building, which was Phase 1, then Phase 3, is now Phase 4. And the accommodation block, which was Phase 3, then Phase 4, is no longer mentioned.

Many a true word!
Robin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear, the 2016 share offer document specifically stated that the third phase (the new accommodation building) was not the subject of that share offer. It also stated "The Company has spent and committed 1,000,000 to Phase One of the project but requires an estimated 2,500,000 to complete both Phase One and Phase Two".

Within the document, Phase One included the new building, the refurbishment of the existing station building, and the initial stages of a tree planting scheme. Phase Two included the new car park and access road, the turntable, removal of 'incongruous modern sheds' and further tree planting. From a practical point of view, Phase One has become 1a and 1b and Phase Two has become 2a and 2b. As an investor in the 2016 offer, I personally have no issue with them being renamed 1, 2, 3 and 4 instead if they are being done in that order. I do however expect them to all be delivered, and there is nothing in the latest article to suggest they won't be.

I'm not really surprised that the original third Phase is not mentioned again at this stage as it will presumably be the subject of a further share issue in due course. From a personal point of view, my willingness to subscribe will depend on the successful outcome of the first phases.
Derby4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin, do you happen to know if the new overflow parking at Bridgnorth will be available for use in the after-Xmas period up to 6th January? ( even if not totally finished).
Did the final topcoat of tarmac get laid before work stopped for the Christmas break?

Like many others I have tended to park at Kidderminster due to the good-sized car park, but habits can change!

Incidentally if it is your goodself who has provided the Facebook pages with images of the project progress at BH, then thanks, much appreciated.

Rob
Robin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been to Bridgnorth recently but I'd assume not unless you see an official announcement otherwise from the SVR. I'm not on Facebook so none of the photos there are mine - I will take credit for a few on the SVR Wiki though...
hunter_i

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the opening of the car park, I notice the Railway has taken the sensible precaution of obtaining planning approval for a CCTV tower for car park security.

A further sensible precaution might be to install a railway style loading gauge at the end of Station Lane at the car park entry. Although the car park is only intended for cars at present, future use by other vehicles cannot be excluded.

If a vehicle was to strike the bridge on exit, the station would have to shut down. Such a minor addition would also add to the railway atmosphere.

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3828973

http://www.railsistem.com/protecting-the-infrastructure-bridge-strikes-educating-the-offenders/
oliver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do you happen to know if the new overflow parking at Bridgnorth will be available for use in the after-Xmas period up to 6th January?

I believe that the plan is to have it open, yes.
Robin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliver wrote:
I believe that the plan is to have it open, yes.
Yes, just found confirmation on the SVR website. "Plus, our NEW carpark at Bridgnorth Station will be open, with parking available free of charge."
https://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=66
Peter Share

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Bridgnorth overflow car park Reply with quote

The car park was open today, but the exit was back down the entrance road and the exit footpath down the public footpath alongside the car park access road.
Peter Share

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Bridgnorth overflow car park Reply with quote

The car park was open today, but the exit was back down the entrance road and the exit footpath down the public footpath alongside the car park access road.
Peter Share

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Bridgnorth overflow car park Reply with quote

GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bridgnorth overflow car park Reply with quote

Peter Share wrote:

So good you posted it three times Very Happy Very Happy.

On another note, Bridgnorth Station looks different without the scaffolding, the new refreshment room and toilets look great.
cherry_p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bridgnorth overflow car park Reply with quote

Peter Share wrote:
The exit is NOT back down the extrance road -- it's via the far corner of the car park, and down the new exit road, which IS open! The problem is that the signs indicating this still need to be added, and quite a few [but not all] people don't realise this is the way out.
The new car park is useable, but still quite a bit to be done when Walsh Construction come back on 7th Jan!
oliver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The exit is NOT back down the extrance road -- it's via the far corner of the car park, and down the new exit road, which IS open! The problem is that the signs indicating this still need to be added, and quite a few [but not all] people don't realise this is the way out.
The new car park is useable, but still quite a bit to be done when Walsh Construction come back on 7th Jan!

I think it may be open now Pete, but it was definitely closed and fenced off earlier in the week as I went up there myself and looked and sure enouygh there was only one way in and one way out! Fortunately, there werent too many cars up there though! I think there may have been a misunderstanding somewhere from what I heard...
Peter Share

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Bridgnorth overflow car park Reply with quote

Sorry Pete, but brother Alan and I parked up in the top field. The exit was not obvious when we arrived so as we left we asked about the exit. We were told by a member of station staff that the exit was best by the entrance drive since the gate could well be shut.

Incidentally, I found the path down to the station somewhat dangerous in that it was uneven and, in places, extremely risky where it narrowed and became quite ridged - I judged it safer to walk back up the access road than up the path.

Once finished though, including path, it will be a great asset to Bridgnorth station .

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 81 of 84

Jump to: