SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridgnorth Station redevelopment: 2012 onwards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
terry-moore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as if the railway has not had previous experience of major building projects in the past. Kidderminster Station, the Engine House and the Carriage Shed were all completed without any major problems. Whilst we don't know the final outcome, its pretty evident that something, somehow has gone badly wrong. What we need now is no more bull**** like 'lessons have been learned' but a full disclosure to members and shareholders as to what and why things have gone wrong. People have put their hands in their pockets to fund this project - they are entitled to know the truth. The board have managed to shut down most discussion with their social media policy but there are still plenty of people willing to speak out when they see situations like this.
Derby4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's Daily Snapshot on SVRLive shows a chap up a ladder looking at the downpipe on the end of the building.

Maybe they have seen the weather forecast and are wondering if they can block off the downpipe and divert the rainwater elsewhere on the roof.

I really am beginning to think that they forgot to lay the underground drainage for rainwater at the terrace end of the building...

Makes you think, doesn't it?
madderlake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had a look today I forgot to see if the remainder of the terrace pavers had been put down. There is a U-shaped concrete gulley along the building wall and one along the outer edge of the un-paved part. The gulleys have metal gratings that finish flush with the paving. So, yes, Derby4, there are drains, and yes it does make me think, but I will refrain from saying what.
Derby4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. What put me on enquiry was that after the rain about ten days ago the terrace area was totally immersed in water.
From the small "daily image" it was not obvious that a drain was in place.

Lets hope that yesterday they connected up the downpipe to the drain.

I stand corrected, and apologies,

Rob
hunter_i

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the daily snapshot of a few days ago, there seemed to be a small group in discussion on the unfinished terrace area and one of them may be a woman. So possibly the need to finish that area was being discussed by or with SVR people.

The interesting question is how the interior fit out is progressing. Did Madderlake happen to notice if the doors are fitted and if not had any visible walls been finished?
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunter_i wrote:
In the daily snapshot of a few days ago, there seemed to be a small group in discussion on the unfinished terrace area and one of them may be a woman. So possibly the need to finish that area was being discussed by or with SVR people.

The interesting question is how the interior fit out is progressing. Did Madderlake happen to notice if the doors are fitted and if not had any visible walls been finished?
Doors have beeen fitted and have been painted. The interior floors appear to have been laid and many interior walls appear to be finished
hunter_i

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just notices some new photos from 9/10 have been posted on the Bridgnorth Station page. They answer my question about the doors being fitted, but now confused about what they are all for.

The other new feature is a previously unannounced corner garden. Maybe some screening between the patio patrons and train passengers, or just a nice decorative touch?

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=bridgnorth%20station%20svr

www.facebook.com/419070848534237/photos/pcb.551942738580380/551942481913739/?type=3&theater
Derby4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brick paving on the platform side of the building looks superb, sets off the building very well.
hunter_i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lamps are on

https://www.facebook.com/419070848534237/photos/pcb.555684608206193/555683911539596/?type=3&theater
hunter_i

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Facebook pictures from last weekend.

ttps://www.facebook.com/419070848534237/photos/pcb.556537211454266/556536494787671/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/419070848534237/photos/pcb.556537211454266/556536494787671/?type=3&theater

If these links don't work, my earlier link will take you to the site and scroll down

Note also the proposals for the Power Station site.
Divington_R

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunter_i wrote:
More Facebook pictures from last weekend.

ttps://www.facebook.com/419070848534237/photos/pcb.556537211454266/556536494787671/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/419070848534237/photos/pcb.556537211454266/556536494787671/?type=3&theater

If these links don't work, my earlier link will take you to the site and scroll down

Note also the proposals for the Power Station site.
Dear Hunter-I, The lamps are a wonderful addition to the station. The positions of them on the platform look odd to my eye? Will passengers not unitentionally tend to bump into them? I would have seen them set further back towards the station building itself? Not an expert though!
Derby4

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some recent images ( 28th October) posted on facebook--fiddle around with the links in the posts above-they are available even if you are not on facebook as such.
Still some finishing work to do at the rear of the building.

One image shows the almost complete terrace area at the south end of the main building, laid with what I think are called diamond bricks.

Looks excellent.

Rob

Last edited by Derby4 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
hunter_i

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest station photos emphasise how highly visible the service area is at the head of the station drive, as is the adjacent passage between the two buildings and the modesty screen to the Gents.

While it was a very clever design idea to use the proposed Uffculme Building to hide the wheelie bins, there seems no good reason why the passage beside that building into the service area will apparently only be screened by a spear top gate.

It would seem desirable both for reasons of security and appearance, that both passages should be fitted with solid lockable gates (naturally in a suitable heritage style) to properly screen them from the station drive and public access.
batchacremike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Bridgnorth station development 2012 onwards Reply with quote

Last Saturday about two thirds of the remaining diamond bricks had been layed at the south end.
Good progress is being made of the car park. Workers were on site on Saturday. The new exit roadway up the hill has been metalled but kerb stones are not in place there. Kerb stones are in place in the donkey gallop area. Also some kerb stones along the entrance road plus retaining wall is in place at the bottom left of the entrance road. The car park itself has been levelled, about 2 foot of soil removed. Half the area has had a membrane layed and covered with 18 inches of ballast.
hunter_i

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the outside paving around the new building is nearing completion, it may assist readers to refer to the Restaurant Site Layout plan for the complete details.

If the link below does not work the plan can be found at SR Live - Bridgnorth Development Work - Planning Documents - Restaurant Site Layout (in right hand column about half way down).

In summary the pavers on the terrace (referred to in the drawing as Stretcher Bond Pavers but now described in these posts as diamond bricks), also have to be laid in the service area behind the Restaurant building. The latest pictures from Facebook show this is currently taking place.

This leaves on the area between the heritage station building and the Restaurant, which is to be paved with recovered Imperial Pavers (the same as now on the platform at the front of the Restaurant Building, and which seem to be the same as on the existing foot path/patio on the driveway side of the heritage Station Building). With such a small area to do completion cannot be far off. Although to match the new paving the plans require re leveling the driveway outside the station building.

In the last SVR News it was stated this work will be done in the next phase of the redevelopment. Also once that final paving is completed the modesty screen at the entrance to the Gents can be fitted.

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/acbe94_45728942b1b14e478bb45d2343a58b7e.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 78 of 80

Jump to: