SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autumn Steam Gala: 20 to 23 September 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHope

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Bean wrote:
A very enjoyable day yesterday. Highlights for me were the auto train, the local passenger and the Q6's pathetic whistle Laughing It was a shame there was no freight train though and hopefully that can be rectified next year. I'd also like to thank the volunteers at Arley and Highley for being welcoming and keeping the fires burning once the sun had set.

Now for the moan. The behaviour of a certain element on board the late night trains left a lot to be desired. I didn't pay to witness drunken, loutish behaviour nor the use of foul language in front of children and as a result will probably not use these trains in future.

Were you about on Friday night at Highley? I was on duty from around 7pm - glad to hear it was toasty in the waiting room. The booking office was certainly very pleasant!
JHope

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Bean wrote:
A very enjoyable day yesterday. Highlights for me were the auto train, the local passenger and the Q6's pathetic whistle Laughing It was a shame there was no freight train though and hopefully that can be rectified next year. I'd also like to thank the volunteers at Arley and Highley for being welcoming and keeping the fires burning once the sun had set.

Glad to hear you felt welcome at Highley! I was on duty on the Friday night. First night shift at the gala and it was very enjoyable! Ther wer some lovely people around to chat to Smile
Joe2027

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpo wrote:
43106 to Bewdley about 35 late

1450 towards Kidder about 25 late

Brit into Bewdley about 35 late

63395 up to the tunnel about 30 late

Were the severe delays caused by too many trains on a single track railway, albeit with passing places at stations, or was it caused by too long to turn around trains? 63395 was 65 mins late leaving Kidderminster at 18.08 instead of 17.03.
Robin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe2027 wrote:
sharpo wrote:
43106 to Bewdley about 35 late

1450 towards Kidder about 25 late

Brit into Bewdley about 35 late

63395 up to the tunnel about 30 late

Were the severe delays caused by too many trains on a single track railway, albeit with passing places at stations, or was it caused by too long to turn around trains? 63395 was 65 mins late leaving Kidderminster at 18.08 instead of 17.03.
From what I saw, Sunday morning was on time until the Diner ran about 30 late (suggested on Nat Pres due to a problem configuring the set which had the Toplights added?). Much the same on another day which went about 30 down early (due to an issue with a broken carriage widow at Bridgnorth?) In both cases there didn't seem to be much scope to make up time once the problem happened. The alternative is to build lots of pauses in the timetable to make sure nothing ever runs late, and then spend time sat around needlessly when nothing goes wrong. Can't win either way.

Not sure why 7802 rather than 813 took the 13:00 C(4) set on Sunday?
oldsteamer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very enjoyable ASG from my point of view although perhaps not from the train crews who stopped for me on request at the halts. Thanks to all those who stopped at Northwood Halt early on Friday and Saturday mornings for me. Perhaps I contributed towards any late running. Time was lost around Friday lunch but was recovered by teatime. Saturday time was lost to 30 minutes by lunchtime but not recovered by about 5pm when I left. Highlights for me were all visiting engines, in particular the Q6 whistle and the whistle, if it's called that, fitted to Britania. That is awesome. Many thanks to all those who made it as always such a splendid gala.
threelinkdave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a shame regarding the weather. No doubt the late running will be reviewed. It is just as frusrtrating for the staff to be running late.
sharpo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

threelinkdave wrote:
It was a shame regarding the weather.

Pity it wasn't like it has been the last couple of days!!!

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a video of my time firing and driving GWR 4800/1400 Class 1450 at the Severn Valley Railway on Thursday 20th September bought for me by my work colleagues. Filmed by myself, using a GoPro attached to my head, and Gordon Hunt on his camera. Edited by Gordon Hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88IaYOidy24&t=252s
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: