SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spring Steam Gala: 15 to 17 March 2019
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackson_p

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Spring Steam Gala: 15 to 17 March 2019 Reply with quote

Date of the 2019 Spring Steam Gala established from a RailAdvent news article 11 October 2018.
Ref: https://forum.svr-online.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4199

15 17 March 2019

This forum post is a snapshot extract from an external web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change. Always refer back to and check the original site to confirm details are still correct.
jackson_p

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from the SVR web site [as viewed 03 November 2018].
https://www.svr.co.uk/NewsItem.aspx?a=861

Spring Steam Gala 2019

Our Spring Steam Gala in 2019 will see the Severn Valley Railway head back in time to our branchline roots!

We plan to bring together four visiting engines, all former Great Western Railway locomotives, to star alongside our home-fleet from March 15th - 17th.

Our exciting plans include; two Autotrains, a short goods train and double-heading!

The first visiting engine confirmed to attend is Pannier Tank No. 6430. Based on the Llangollen Railway, No. 6430 will make the journey across the border to star in the event, operating Autotrains and lots more. Alongside No. 1450, the Pannier Tank allows us to operate two Autotrains during the event - a sight not to be missed. Throw into the mix No. 813, No. 1501 and No. 7714, and we have a tank engine fest!

See you there...

More information available soon.

This forum post is a snapshot extract from the main SVR web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change. Always refer back to and check the main web site to confirm details are still correct.
cherry_p

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

announced today!!

https://www.svr.co.uk/NewsItem.aspx?a=863

Our Christmas present to you!
Happy Christmas everyone, we hope Father Christmas has brought everything you asked for!

We hope you like our special Christmas surprise; we're thrilled to announce the visit of No. 4144 to our Spring Steam Gala.

The former Great Western Railway Large Prairie will be joining us from March 15-17, to star alongside visiting Pannier Tank No. 6430, and members of our home-fleet, in our Branchline Bonanza!

Having not visited the line since 2001, the 1946-built engine is a member of the 5101 Class, which were medium-sized tank engines used for suburban and local passenger services all over the Great Western Railway system, including the Severn Valley branch in British Railways days.

So far, the lineup for the event looks GREAT (Western) if you ask us: 813, 1450, 1501, 2857, 4144, 6430, 7714 & 7802 Bradley Manor, with two more announcements to go!

No. 4144's rare visit away from Didcot Railway Centre is with thanks to Great Western Preservation.
jackson_p

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from the SVR web site [as viewed 11 January 2019].
https://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=146

Spring Steam Gala
Our Great Western branchline bonanza!
March 15th - 17th

Opening our 2019 season, we hark back to branchline Britain as Great Western Railway tank engines take centre stage!

The event will see up to 10 engines in steam, trundling along the beautiful Severn Valley. From the distant clank of a goods trains, to Autotrains puffing back and forth, prepare to venture back in time!

Visiting locomotives:

GWR Pannier Tank No. 6430
With thanks to Llangollen Railway

GWR Large Prairie No. 4144
With thanks to Great Western Preservation

The fantastic selection of visiting locomotives will be supported by members of our home fleet, including 813, 1450, 1501, 2857, 7714 and 7802 Bradley Manor.

Attractions include:
    o No. 1450 and No. 6430 operating two Autotrains.
    o Short goods trains.
    o Double-headers.
    o Local services and full-line trains.
    o Beautiful rakes of 20th century carriages.

All locomotives and attractions are subject to availability. More information available soon.

This forum post is a snapshot extract from the main SVR web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change. Always refer back to and check the main web site to confirm details are still correct.
oliver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised 75069 isn't listed. Surely it must be running for this?[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oliver wrote:
Surprised 75069 isn't listed. Surely it must be running for this?

Our Great Western branchline bonanza!
March 15th - 17th

Clue in the title...?
Peter Share

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Spring Gala Reply with quote

To 20016

Agreed, a Southern Loco, but 75xxx did run on the Cambrian - a GW railway.

Peter
Peter Share

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Spring Gala Reply with quote

To 20016

Peter
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third visiting locomotive has been announced as Taffy Tank GWR 5600 Class 5619 https://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=146

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Spring Gala Reply with quote

Peter Share wrote:
To 20016

Peter

So did 37418 and 37421 but I cannot see those who believed the world ended in 1948 with the passing of Gas Works Railway being too pleased to see those at the gala either.
Old Bean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking line up so far.
Kingston Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question before I book (for my parents & myself):

Are shareholder tickets valid for this gala?

I cannot see them mentioned in the tickets NOT valid for travel list on the website, but don't wish to be disappointed on the day.

Quote:
The following passes are NOT VALID during the event: Heritage Railway Passes, Staff Passes from BR, LT, Network Rail and Train Operating Companies such as Virgin Trains and Chiltern Railways, SVR Free ticket vouchers for Adult, Child or Family tickets or any discount schemes normally in operation.
Working Members of other heritage railways in our Reciprocal Travel Scheme pay the SVR member fare.

cherry_p

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingston Flyer wrote:

I cannot see them mentioned in the tickets NOT valid for travel list on the website, but don't wish to be disappointed on the day.

Quote:
The following passes are NOT VALID during the event: Heritage Railway Passes, Staff Passes from BR, LT, Network Rail and Train Operating Companies such as Virgin Trains and Chiltern Railways, SVR Free ticket vouchers for Adult, Child or Family tickets or any discount schemes normally in operation.
Working Members of other heritage railways in our Reciprocal Travel Scheme pay the SVR member fare.
Yes - SH tickets are valid at Galas. To quote the instructions issued to booking offices: "They are valid as FOTL Rover tickets for the day, including Engine House admission. They may be used on any day, including Premium-Fare Special days; i.e. any day except pre-book Christmas trains such as Santa Specials."
Kingston Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
Kingston Flyer wrote:

Quote:
Yes - SH tickets are valid at Galas. To quote the instructions issued to booking offices: "They are valid as FOTL Rover tickets for the day, including Engine House admission. They may be used on any day, including Premium-Fare Special days; i.e. any day except pre-book Christmas trains such as Santa Specials."

Thanks very much.

My booking for the Saturday will go through this afternoon (or in a few minutes then)
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SVR website says that 1450 will not be appearing at the Spring Gala due to ongoing repairs so now only one auto train will run, hopefully with both sandwiching 6430. https://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=146
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: