SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fundraising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hearn_p

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Fundraising Reply with quote

I recently found an envelope in the draw for recyling ink cartridges and sent some back, and thought what other fundraising ways are there. From recent mags etc:

 Recycling scheme for old ink cartridges (not laser or Epson) and mobile phones contact Lizzie at EAH Recyling on 01473 658161 for freepost envelopes

 LMS/BR Group collects aluminium tins and foil please leave at Bridgnorth station

 West Bromwich Building Society offers a variable rate account, only available at branches, to supporters. A 0.5% bonus is paid to Severn Valley Railway each year based on average balance held in all accounts. Benefits include upgrades to 1st class from 3rd class and 10% discount on goods totalling 7 or over from the railway gift shop. See www.westbrom.co.uk/westbrom/savings.product?id=186 or a leaflet from a branch for details.

 NFU Mutual supports the SVR. It offers home, travel, car and caravan insurance, pensions and investments. Call 0800 197 1283 or visit www.nfumutual.co.uk/svr.

 By using www.easysearch.org.uk/ as your search engine and www.easyfundraising.org.uk/ to buy online you can register for donations to go to SVR Rolling Stock Trust or GWR (SVR) Association.

Any more of which you are aware?

Patrick
hassell_a

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Friends of 4930 Hagley Hall website:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recycle your used mobile phone and printer cartridges and help 'Hagley Hall'

'The Friends of Locomotive 4930 'Hagley Hall' are now participating in a mobile phone recycling scheme, with an established company. This provides a 2 donation to our funds for each mobile they receive, irrespective of its age, condition, or whether or not it works. Post paid envelopes are supplied.

In addition, the company can also accept used HP, Lexmark, Canon BC01, BC02, BC05 and Dell printer cartridges, which raise up to 1 each. (Please note that Epson, Brothers and Xerox cartridges cannot be recycled). Again a supply of post paid envelopes is available.

So please check your cupboards for any surplus handsets and used cartridges, and drop them off at our sales stand on Gala weekends. Alternatively ask one of the committee for an envelope, or leave us your name, address and a description of the items you wish to submit through the contact email on this site.

Many thanks in anticipation.

http://www.4930hagleyhall.org.uk

All Comments and Opinions are my own and do not reflect those of SVR (Holdings) PLC, SVR Company Limited, or SVR Charitable Trust.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hassell_a wrote:
From the Friends of 4930 Hagley Hall website:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'The Friends of Locomotive 4930 'Hagley Hall' are now participating in a mobile phone recycling scheme, with an established company. This provides a 2 donation to our funds for each mobile they receive, irrespective of its age, condition, or whether or not it works. Post paid envelopes are supplied.

The SVR envelope says up to 6. Room for SVR and 4930 Friends to work together?

Patrick
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that the SVR Rolling Stock Trust has struck up a fundraising deal with a power supplier with a donation to The SVRRST by getting a quote? Its not on the SVRRST site, can anyone post up a link?

Patrick
walton_cw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk

Easy Fund Raising - will be putting details of how it works here shortly
Robin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it was mentioned at the start of this thread, I'll ask here. Does anyone know if any of the groups on the railway still collect aluminium foil?
madderlake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Patrick was correct in saying that Bridgnorth C&W do.
Robin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked at the LMS & BR Coach Fund sales coach today, and they have only recently stopped collecting aluminium foil because the scrap price is now too low to make it worth their while. If there are any other groups that still do collect foil then it would be useful to have the details, although I suspect the same may apply.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin wrote:
I asked at the LMS & BR Coach Fund sales coach today, and they have only recently stopped collecting aluminium foil because the scrap price is now too low to make it worth their while. If there are any other groups that still do collect foil then it would be useful to have the details, although I suspect the same may apply.

I understand the 813 Fund collect aluminium cans to weigh in - although I could be wrong. Whether this includes foil, I don't know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: