SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annual Diesel Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Motive Power - Diesel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherry_p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWR5764PT wrote:
I have seen it on Facebook that the 37 is operating the DFE hauling the 4TC.
yes -- as shown on the SVR 'Locos in use' for this week. So why mention that it's on Facebook?
Divington_R

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:
yes -- as shown on the SVR 'Locos in use' for this week. So why mention that it's on Facebook?

Dear cherry_p, does your reply not seem a little harsh? I dont understand why a Facebook observation appears to be off limits to be mentioned on the forum? May I also request that people consider offering a link to the internet pages concerned as this would prove rather helpful for me and perhaps others? Thanks.
cherry_p

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Divington_R wrote:
cherry_p wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:

Dear cherry_p, does your reply not seem a little harsh? I dont understand why a Facebook observation appears to be off limits to be mentioned on the forum? May I also request that people consider offering a link to the internet pages concerned as this would prove rather helpful for me and perhaps others? Thanks.
It wasn't intended to be harsh - Facebook certainly isn't off limits as far as I'm concerned -- there's often far more info there on what's happening, particularly when there are last-minute changes, than you will find here or elsewhere.
In fact to quote an item on the Facebook "Severn Valley Diesels (Official Group)" this evening, "The FE was made a service train due to late running after the Bullied stalled at Highley earlier in the day." !!
I'm just a bit surprised that Facebook was cited in this case, as the use of the 37 + the 4TC set on the FE has been shown in the weekly "locos in use" since last Thursday -- http://www.svr.co.uk/MeetTheLoco.aspx?id=102
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cherry_p wrote:
Divington_R wrote:
cherry_p wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:

It wasn't intended to be harsh - Facebook certainly isn't off limits as far as I'm concerned -- there's often far more info there on what's happening, particularly when there are last-minute changes, than you will find here or elsewhere.
In fact to quote an item on the Facebook "Severn Valley Diesels (Official Group)" this evening, "The FE was made a service train due to late running after the Bullied stalled at Highley earlier in the day." !!

I'm just a bit surprised that Facebook was cited in this case, as the use of the 37 + the 4TC set on the FE has been shown in the weekly "locos in use" since last Thursday -- http://www.svr.co.uk/MeetTheLoco.aspx?id=102

I only mentioned it because I saw it on Facebook and I had't seen it on the website.
jackson_p

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from the SVR website [as viewed 12 August 2018].
http://www.svr.co.uk/MeetTheLoco.aspx?id=26

Diesel locomotive operating dates 2018

File updated 07 August 2018 - shows loco allocations August - September.

Please note that for operational reasons this plan is subject to change at short notice.

This forum post is a snapshot extract from the main SVR web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change.
Always refer back to and check the main web site to confirm details are still correct
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Motive Power - Diesel All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: