SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum modified in some way?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Forum Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3502
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Forum modified in some way? Reply with quote

Noticed it was offline earlier, then header changed slightly and now "insecure" message appears from browser.

Think I've noticed this elsewhere, but it might cause some people a few worries?
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
webmaster
Site Admin


Joined: 02 Jul 2003
Posts: 37

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject: Server has moved Reply with quote

Due to the domain svra.org.uk expiring later this year, the forum is now hosted on svr-online.org.uk.
All connections are also now forced be secure using SSL (https://).

These changes will take time to fully replicate through the internet DNS system, but it should all settle down in the next 24-48hrs.

All requests to access the forum via https://forum.svra.org.uk should automatically be forwarded onto https://forum.svr-online.org.uk. However, please update any Bookmarks you may have and start using the new address.

If you have issues with accessing the site, please consider clearing your browser cache, or ensuring you access the Forum directly using the new address. https://forum.svr-online.org.uk

Regards
Paul
Webmaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GWR5764PT



Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 738
Location: Kidderminster Station

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I logged on initially Google said there was an insecure connection, then when I logged on subsequently it promptly lost my password so I had to reset it.
_________________
Tim Easton, an SVR volunteer previously Kidderminster Town Station, now 3 years now on train buffet steward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Danny252



Joined: 01 Oct 2009
Posts: 1196

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears the security issues are still present. Attempting to access the old forum via https://forum.svra.org.uk/ is blocked by most browsers as the security (SSL) certificate is only valid for https://forum.svr-online.org.uk/

This persists despite clearing my cache. I'd honestly assumed the forum was consigned to history having not been able to access it since Friday!
_________________
Daniel Evans
Tea drinker and brass polisher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robin



Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 373
Location: Stourbridge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny252 wrote:
It appears the security issues are still present. Attempting to access the old forum via https://forum.svra.org.uk/ is blocked by most browsers as the security (SSL) certificate is only valid for https://forum.svr-online.org.uk/

This persists despite clearing my cache. I'd honestly assumed the forum was consigned to history having not been able to access it since Friday!

Hopefully you may just be seeing the delayed effects of the propagation still taking place. I definitely end up on the correct site via https://forum.svra.org.uk/ and even http://forum.svra.org.uk/.

In terms of spreading the news, I've updated the link on the SVR Wiki and asked Pete in the SVR Website thread if he can update Our Friends on the main SVR site. Question for Patrick - could we add a link to the new forum on SVR Live (similar to the one to the Wiki)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hearn_p



Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Posts: 5833

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin wrote:
Hopefully you may just be seeing the delayed effects of the propagation still taking place. I definitely end up on the correct site via https://forum.svra.org.uk/ and even http://forum.svra.org.uk/.

In terms of spreading the news, I've updated the link on the SVR Wiki and asked Pete in the SVR Website thread if he can update Our Friends on the main SVR site.


Cleared the cache but both still show privacy errors. I access this via https://forum.svr-online.org.uk/posting.php?mode=quote&p=55551

Robin wrote:
Question for Patrick - could we add a link to the new forum on SVR Live (similar to the one to the Wiki)?


Could do when it's settled down, but the complicated joining is a bit of a drawback compared with social media

Patrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alexmowbray



Joined: 10 Nov 2017
Posts: 1
Location: Lichfield

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clicking the small icon next to the thread title should take you directly to the first unread post in that thread. Since the forum was updated, it no longer does this, instead going to the top of the last page in the thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robin



Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 373
Location: Stourbridge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another strange feature, although this may have been there before the update. Logged in, it shows the times as GMT + 1 hour. Logged out, it shows the times as GMT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jackson_p



Joined: 02 Jul 2003
Posts: 575
Location: The Midlands, England

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin wrote:
Another strange feature, although this may have been there before the update. Logged in, it shows the times as GMT + 1 hour. Logged out, it shows the times as GMT.
Robin, have you checked your profile time zone settings?
_________________
Regards
Paul J.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Robin



Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 373
Location: Stourbridge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackson_p wrote:
Robin, have you checked your profile time zone settings?
I have now. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hearn_p



Joined: 15 Nov 2003
Posts: 5833

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin wrote:
Question for Patrick - could we add a link to the new forum on SVR Live (similar to the one to the Wiki)?


Added

Patrick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3502
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had somebody contact me on YouTube about being unable to access the forum. I passed on the new url, don't know if it solved the problem for that person though.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
threelinkdave



Joined: 22 Dec 2010
Posts: 683
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpo wrote:
I had somebody contact me on YouTube about being unable to access the forum. I passed on the new url, don't know if it solved the problem for that person though.
It did - sorruy I should have replied
_________________
Dave Scott
Bulleid and Gresley used auto couplers
Guard & dogsbody
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3502
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

threelinkdave wrote:
sharpo wrote:
I had somebody contact me on YouTube about being unable to access the forum. I passed on the new url, don't know if it solved the problem for that person though.
It did - sorruy I should have replied

Sorry Dave, didn't realise it was you!!

At least you're back on track now.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

All photo updates listed here, eventually:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Probably better to check youtube videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/user/SharposWorld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Forum Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Hosting and mangement compliments of Yellow Arrow