SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spring Diesel Festival: 17 to 19 May 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> SVR Special Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManorFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lench_S wrote:
ManorFan wrote:
Perhaps an idea to advertise this on Bookface too?

I mean, if the Offical SVR FB group can manage to publish TWO Autum Steam Gala promotional posts, making a fuss about the big red steam loco visiting, surely they can manage to post something for the diesel gala (and it's current visitor list) which is four months BEFORE the Autum steam gala?!

Forgive me if I'm wrong but this news has been all over Facebook.

Perhaps unoffical pages/sources. But not the Offical page.
Lench_S

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://m.facebook.com/events/257196368142619?view=permalink&id=298817487313840

As an example
hearn_p

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official FB:

Main page
10/1/18 12.12 (all 4 locos)
25/12/17 Warship

Events page
10/1/18 12.09 Sherwood Forrester
7/1/18 12.23 Class 37

Patrick
sharpo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have noticed 45060 is now added to the "Events" page for the Spring Diesel Festival.

I don't look at those "other pages" for news and rely on this forum, the main SVR site or SVRlive.

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
Danny252

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also worth noting that announcements are routinely copied across to the Official SVR Diesels Group on FB (https://www.facebook.com/groups/895472313877202/), which rivals the Unofficial (general) group in terms of activity. The Diesel group is generally kept very up to date by SVR staff and locomotive owners.
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny252 wrote:
Also worth noting that announcements are routinely copied across to the Official SVR Diesels Group on FB (https://www.facebook.com/groups/895472313877202/), which rivals the Unofficial (general) group in terms of activity. The Diesel group is generally kept very up to date by SVR staff and locomotive owners.

They might be on Facebook but not everyone else is on Facebook, the announcement of Duchess for autumn steam gala has its own news item, but the various diesel gala visitors don't.
Graham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter where news items appear first? Or is this just another opportunity for those who won't use Facebook to tell everyone that they don't use Facebook. Again.

If anything, there's a bit of a Carriage & Wagon bias on SVR Live at the moment, with five out of the nine news items.
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going O/T now but:

Graham wrote:
Does it really matter where news items appear first? Or is this just another opportunity for those who won't use Facebook to tell everyone that they don't use Facebook. Again.

A subject of debate in SVR at the moment. I've seen different opinions in the SVR.

I raised in November how frequently official material was being raised by the SVR on social media without being first/separately communicated to members. There is some expectation (to which you refer) it should go to members first. Also raised on here by some voices was that SVRLive shouldn't become a repository of things already announced elsewhere. I'm waiting to hear the outcome of the review, a clearer expectation of the strategy and where SVRLive fits in with it. In the meantime I've posted NBIs, announcements I'm given advanced notice of and items submitted to me.

Graham wrote:
If anything, there's a bit of a Carriage & Wagon bias on SVR Live at the moment, with five out of the nine news items.

Richard Gunning, Richard Herington and Mick Haynes have been sending me material or links, hence the C&W prominence.

Bringing it back on thread I've been advised separetely of some - but not all - of the announced diesel gala visitors. When notified, I've added it to SVRLive in the usual way. Where not, it's been included only later, at the next update.

Patrick

Last edited by hearn_p on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
hearn_p

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33108 has been listed in different places as 'home fleet' and visitor. I've had it confirmed it should be more properly described as the latter and updated social media pages accordingly. I've asked Pete/Lewis to update the webpages, for consistency.

Patrick
sharpo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hearn_p wrote:
33108 has been listed in different places as 'home fleet' and visitor. I've had it confirmed it should be more properly described as the latter and updated social media pages accordingly. I've asked Pete/Lewis to update the webpages, for consistency.

Patrick

If "information" is posted in lots of different places, then something changes, there will always be conflicting information floating around. There should be a "main place", which I would've thought to be svr.co.uk that would have all the latest official information. The "otherplaces", that various groups of people like, could then be updated later.

As an example, if I was planning to visit another railway the place I would look to find out the latest news would be their main web site page. I certainly wouldn't be searching for a Fred's page, Jim's page or other pages that might or might not exist.

Or links from calendar -
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sharpo wrote:
hearn_p wrote:

Patrick

If "information" is posted in lots of different places, then something changes, there will always be conflicting information floating around. There should be a "main place", which I would've thought to be svr.co.uk that would have all the latest official information. The "otherplaces", that various groups of people like, could then be updated later.

As an example, if I was planning to visit another railway the place I would look to find out the latest news would be their main web site page. I certainly wouldn't be searching for a Fred's page, Jim's page or other pages that might or might not exist.

I agree Sharpo surely all diesel gala visitors could have their own news page updated on regularly.
sharpo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed 56097 and an 88 added to the visiting locos list.

Or links from calendar -
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that 33108 is listed amongst the home fleet on Spring Diesel Gala website.

'Alongside the fantastic selection of visiting locomotives and special attractions will be supported by members of our home fleet, including Class 14 No. D9551, Class 33 No. 33108, Class 42 No. D821 Greyhound, Class 50s No. 50031 Hood, No. 50035 Ark Royal and No. 50049 Defiance, Class 52s No. D1015 Western Champion and No. D1062 Western Courier.'
GWR5764PT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have just seen the public timetable is on the website. I would still like to know which sets are the air braked stock.
http://www.svr.co.uk/pdf/Special%20Events/Spring%20Diesel%20Fest%20Timetable%202018%20(Updated%20210318).pdf
jackson_p

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is useful to summarise the latest Gala plans.

Extract from the SVR website [ 29 April 2018].
http://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=122

Following the hugely successful events in 2016 and 2017, our diesel bonanza brings great opportunities for visiting locomotives and, with the lighter evenings, is a hit with those who love the sounds of English Electric, Maybach and Sulzer diesel engines!

Visiting locomotives:
    Class 20 No. 20007. With thanks to Michael Owen;
    Class 20 No. 20142. With thanks to Michael Owen;
    Class 20 No. 20189. With thanks to Michael Owen;
    Class 37 No. 37688. With thanks to D05 Preservation Limited;
    Class 42 'Warship' No. D832 Onslaught. With thanks to the Bury Hydraulic Group;
    Class 47 No. 47292. With thanks to the GCRN at Ruddington;
    Class 55 'Deltic' No. 55019 Royal Highland Fusilier. With thanks to The Deltic Preservation Society;
    Class 56 No. 56097. With thanks to the GCRN at Ruddington;
    Class 60 No. 60xxx. With thanks to Colas Railfreight;
    Class 66 No. 66xxx. With thanks to GBRf;
    Class 73/1 No. 731xx. With thanks to GBRf;
    Class 88 No. 88xxx. With thanks to Direct Rail Services.

Unfortunately, No. 45060 will no longer be attending the event due to the failure of the main generator which will require removal for repair.

Alongside the fantastic selection of visiting locomotives and special attractions will be supported by members of our resident fleet, including Class 14 No. D9551, Class 33 No. 33108, Class 42 No. D821 Greyhound, Class 50s No. 50031 Hood, No. 50035 Ark Royal and No. 50049 Defiance and Class 52 No. D1015 Western Champion.

Attractions include:
    o Kidderminster Diesel Depot open for visits on Saturday & Sunday only.
    o Services into the evenings.
    o Live entertainment and pig roast at The Engine House (Thursday evening).

All locomotives and attractions are subject to availability. More information to follow.

This forum post is a snapshot extract from the main SVR web site and is not necessarily updated to reflect change.
Always refer back to and check the main web site to confirm details are still correct
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> SVR Special Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: