SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index SVR-Online Forum (Secure)
The forum is run on a voluntary basis for members, volunteers and SVR enthusiasts.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mainline - Dereham to SVR 24 January 2018 37688?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Motive Power - Diesel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3626
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Mainline - Dereham to SVR 24 January 2018 37688? Reply with quote

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R00204/2018/01/24/advanced

Arrive Kidder 14.59

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R00205/2018/01/24/advanced

Kidder 16.07 to GBRf Peterborough
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
d431hood



Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 197
Location: Cambs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Class 37 heading over to join the diesel festival (gala) and class 50026 coming for contract repair work.
_________________
Joe Burr
SVR Member & Shareholder
C50A Occasional Working Volunteer
Fifty Fund Chairman, Sales Officer & Deputy Under Webmaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3626
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d431hood wrote:
Class 37 heading over to join the diesel festival (gala) and class 50026 coming for contract repair work.

Thanks for confirming. Presumably hauled by a GBRf 66, which returns to Peterborough.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3626
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the "other" Evening Star hauling the convoy, 66779.
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sharpo



Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 3626
Location: Dark Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convoy down the Dark Side then 66 returning to Peterborough.

https://youtu.be/g0OUcN0xMcc
_________________
Sharpo (happily avoiding fakebook & twitter)

Check the blog for all the latest sightings, photos or videos:-
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/

Or links from calendar -
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/blog/?page_id=5050
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GWR5764PT



Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 787
Location: Kidderminster Station

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when did SVR do contract work on diesels?
_________________
Tim Easton, an SVR volunteer previously Kidderminster Town Station, now 3 years now on train buffet steward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
d431hood



Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 197
Location: Cambs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWR5764PT wrote:
Since when did SVR do contract work on diesels?
Since we've had a diesel shed. however the nature of the contract I think is somewhat different to the steam loco contract undertaken.

In this case, I suspect the owner is paying for the use of facilities (crane, pits, dry shed etc.) for his (?) team of volunteers to do the work.
_________________
Joe Burr
SVR Member & Shareholder
C50A Occasional Working Volunteer
Fifty Fund Chairman, Sales Officer & Deputy Under Webmaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GWR5764PT



Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 787
Location: Kidderminster Station

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d431hood wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:
Since when did SVR do contract work on diesels?
Since we've had a diesel shed. however the nature of the contract I think is somewhat different to the steam loco contract undertaken.

In this case, I suspect the owner is paying for the use of facilities (crane, pits, dry shed etc.) for his (?) team of volunteers to do the work.


OK I understand doing contract work on steam engines as we have paid staff there, but the diesel shed doesn't have any paid staff (as fas I know).
_________________
Tim Easton, an SVR volunteer previously Kidderminster Town Station, now 3 years now on train buffet steward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lench_S



Joined: 04 Mar 2010
Posts: 575

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWR5764PT wrote:
d431hood wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:
Since when did SVR do contract work on diesels?
Since we've had a diesel shed. however the nature of the contract I think is somewhat different to the steam loco contract undertaken.

In this case, I suspect the owner is paying for the use of facilities (crane, pits, dry shed etc.) for his (?) team of volunteers to do the work.


OK I understand doing contract work on steam engines as we have paid staff there, but the diesel shed doesn't have any paid staff (as fas I know).


If we're getting money for use of the diesel depot - it can only be good news.
_________________
Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Divington_R



Joined: 05 Feb 2016
Posts: 269
Location: Nuneaton

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this income go back into the diesel shed upkeep or to the railway generally?
_________________
Thanks Reg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GWR5764PT



Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 787
Location: Kidderminster Station

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lench_S wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:
d431hood wrote:
GWR5764PT wrote:
Since when did SVR do contract work on diesels?
Since we've had a diesel shed. however the nature of the contract I think is somewhat different to the steam loco contract undertaken.

In this case, I suspect the owner is paying for the use of facilities (crane, pits, dry shed etc.) for his (?) team of volunteers to do the work.


OK I understand doing contract work on steam engines as we have paid staff there, but the diesel shed doesn't have any paid staff (as fas I know).


If we're getting money for use of the diesel depot - it can only be good news.


I am not complaining I was just curious.
_________________
Tim Easton, an SVR volunteer previously Kidderminster Town Station, now 3 years now on train buffet steward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SVR-Online Forum (Secure) Forum Index -> Motive Power - Diesel All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Hosting and mangement compliments of Yellow Arrow